SafeWays Certification Program Costs:
Although SafeWays is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, we are funded primarily via fees for our services.
The expenses associated with participating in the SafeWays Certification Program or a Monitored Safety Plan for calendar year 2020 are as follows:
Initial Assessment Fee: $10 per apartment unit ($600 minimum/$3,000 maximum)
This initial fee covers the cost of the lease and management documentation review, as well as the physical CPTED assessment and report, including a full lighting study.
Annual Fee: $20 per apartment unit ($600 minimum/$15,000 maximum)
Covers SafeWays certification and services
Annual Re-Assessment Fee: $5 per unit ($300 minimum/$1,750 maximum)
Covers full annual re-assessment and report.
More than a certification program…
Successful attainment of SafeWays Certification and execution of a SafeWays Service Agreement entitles the property owner and manager to display SafeWays Certified Community signage on the property and advertise the property’s SafeWays Certification status.
In addition, SafeWays Certified Communities receive the following services while their certification is in effect:
- Monthly site visits;
- Quarterly night visits;
- Quarterly crime reporting;
- Constant monitoring of crime in and around the community;
- Periodic training/educational opportunities for property management staff;
- Advocacy services (click here for more info);
- Facilitated connection with service providers, as necessary;
- Assistance in setting up/conducting neighborhood watch;
- Critical incident review and response.
For more information on the services SafeWays can provide to assist your property management staff and residents, contact Executive Director Janine Heiner at 901-231-1144.