Safeways Certification Program Costs:
Although Safeways is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, we are funded primarily via fees for our services. The expenses associated with participating in the Safeways Certification Program are as follows:
Initial Cost: $1,500.00
This initial fee covers the cot of the lease and management documentation review, as well as the physical CPTED inspection
Annual Fee: $20 per apartment unit
Covers Safeways certification and services
Re-inspection Fee: $750.00
Covers annual re-inspection and review
More than a certification program…
Successful completion of the Safeways Certification Program and execution of a Memorandum of Agreement entitles the property owner to installation of a Safeways Certified Community Sign (provided by Safeways), and authorizes the owner to advertise the property’s designation as a Safeways Certified Community while the Memorandum of Agreement is in effect.
In addition, Safeways Certified Communities receive the following services while their certification is in effect:
- Monthly site visits;
- Quarterly night visits;
- Quarterly crime reporting;
- Constant monitoring of crime in and around the community;
- Periodic training/educational opportunities for property management staff;
- Advocacy services (click here for more info);
- Facilitated connection with service providers, as necessary;
- Assistance in setting up/conducting neighborhood watch;
- Critical incident review and response.
For more information on the services Safeways can provide to assist your property management staff and residents, contact Managing Director Janine Heiner Buchanan at 901-507-4187.